Congratulatory messages

Eligible occasions

The Governor sends congratulatory letters to Victorians to mark golden (50th), diamond (60th), 65th, 70th and 75th wedding anniversaries, and 100th and 110th birthdays, and Tim would be delighted to assist in arranging this.


You need to submit your request no earlier than three months before the celebratory date, or no later than six months after the date. Unfortunately, requests made outside these times generally cannot be accommodated.Applications received with less than four weeks’ notice are not guaranteed to arrive by the anniversary date.


Depending on the occasion, you’ll need to provide one of the following:

  • A copy of their birth certificate (for a birthday);
  • A copy of their driver's licence (for a birthday);
  • A copy of their passport (for a birthday)
  • A copy of their marriage certificate (for a wedding anniversary);
  • or a statutory declaration, if you don’t have one of the above certificates (for a birthday or wedding anniversary).
Thank you for reaching out, we'll be in touch!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.